EtreCheck 4 is a major new update for EtreCheck
Still have questions about the new version? See the FAQ.
- A brand new, easy-to use interface.
- Detects over 30 specific problems and identifies them as serious or minor.
- An improved text report for posting on internet support forums.
- Streamlined operation to quickly guide you towards the help you need, or the detailed information you are looking for.
New user interface
- The new interface groups information into several different categories.
- Each section includes additional details that pertains to the information in that section.
- Extensive information about your Mac, including detailed descriptions and links to additional support resources from Apple and others.
- Now includes easy-to-use buttons to remove adware and easily fix some simple problems.
- Includes graphs, tables, and images to help you better see and understand the information.
Problems: major and minor
- EtreCheck 4 clearly lists any problems it detects.
- Problems are divided into major, that need immediate attention, and minor, that you can ignore if you want.
- Each problem includes a link that takes you right to the information section that applies.
- The EtreCheck report is now easier to read and includes more detailed information.
- Eliminates compatibility problems when pasting your report using web browsers like Firefox or Chrome.
- The EtreCheck report is now dedicated for use on internet support forums. Any user interface elements, like links or buttons, have been moved to the user interface
Get help fast
- If you need help fast, EtreCheck can run a report, copy it to the clipboard, and get you right back to Apple Support Communities.
- If you need more detailed help with your report, EtreCheck makes it easy to get help from either Apple Support Communities or Etresoft itself.
- EtreCheck has additional help options when dealing with adware or unsigned files to make sure you get your machine cleaned up.