EtreCheckPro 6 is now available. Learn more!
Note: You are not required to upgrade. EtreCheck in the Mac App Store will continue to be updated and supported. However, EtreCheck from the Mac App Store will not have some features that are exclusive to EtreCheckPro. Click here to learn more about the future of EtreCheck in the Mac App Store.
- System requirements:
- An "Intel" Macintosh computer running OS X 10.10 “Yosemite” or later.
- Use the App Store app in the Dock.
- App Store apps are automatically installed when downloaded.
- Open LaunchPad.
- Click and hold the EtreCheck icon until it shakes and an X button appears in the upper left corner.
- Click the X button.
- Changes in EtreCheck version 5.3-5.3.1:
- Improve Full Drive Access;
- Add support for bridge kernel panics;
- Improve adware detection;
- Improved help;
- Add AirDrop support for sharing reports;
- Detect problems with iCloud and Photos;
- Improve detection of hard drive failures;
- Improve detection swap space usage;
- Improve detection of runaway processes;
- Detect problems caused by antivirus software;
- Detect non-functional antivirus software; and
- Many other bug fixes and improvements.